Todays healthcare environment is focused on enhanced quality of patient care and maximum reimbursement supported by optimal documentation and coding. ESS and its team of physicians have developed and implemented this pocket tool for our physicians:
- Admissions vs. Observation
- H&P and DC summaries
- Physician Feedback Reports
- Core Measures
- Patient Feedback Surveys
- Information Resource
Admissions vs. Observation – Observation Status pocket reference cards are given to each ESS physician so that they will have the appropriate treatment and admission criteria at their finger-tips. The guide includes:
- 24 hr/OBS criteria (adult & pediatric patients).
- Recommended treatment requirements.
- Appropriate documentation examples.
Core Measures – Todays healthcare environment is focused on enhanced quality of patient care and maximum reimbursement supported by optimal documentation and coding. ESS and its team of physicians have developed and implemented this pocket tool for our physicians. It guides them thru Core Measures identification, treatment and documentation.
H&P and DC summaries – Quick reference guidelines for detailed documentation of the patients medical record to include H&P and DC summaries.
PQRS – The PQRS checklist card ensures that ED physicians, in addition to providing excellent patient care, perform the measures necessary to maximize reimbursement for performed services.
Physician Feedback Report – This is sent to each physician and administration monthly to show individual performance as compared to other physicians and the facility average. Negative trends are identified and addressed with the appropriate constructive education and/or discipline with each physician by the Local, Regional, or Corporate Medical Director.
Depending upon the type of program, report encompasses metrics such as:
- Visit duration
- Left against medical advice %
- Billing deficiencies/incomplete records
- Service levels
- Admission %/transfer %
- Acuity mix
- Average length of stay
- Statistical trends
Patient Feedback Surveys – We can work with partner facilities to create feedback surveys in multiple mediums. We can participate at any level:
- Design produce print-ready files to be printed on-demand by hospital staff.
- Conduct survey by mail, phone or digital
- Direct community perception surveys
- In the event a facility is already in partnership with a service such as Press Ganey or HCAHPS, we can assist.
Training Programs – We’ve assembled, and continue building, a library of presentations to help clinical and administrative staff perform more effectively perform in a manner that not only provides excellent patient care, but also provides:
- Maximum reimbursement
- Better communication
- Effective risk management
- 30-day re-admissions updates